Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The perfect clasp


Following up on my thoughts about finding the right clasp, today I'm posting a new bracelet I just finished called Chantilly. The bracelet is absolutely gorgeous and I didn't want to add a clasp that wasn't as beautiful as the bracelet itself. Pulling out my stash of Sterling clasps I began to try various shapes and sizes. 


The slide clasp was taller than the width of the bracelet so that was eliminated. The spring ring and lobster claws were too small.  I didn't have any Sterling barrel clasps at all. That left me with toggle clasps to sort  through. There were several that were OK but when I got to this beautiful, simple, geometric Saki clasp I knew I'd found the perfect clasp. 

Do you think I've made the right choice?

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

It is spectacular!! The perfect complement to that silky weave - the square against the rounds, etc. Just lovely. And the depth is perfect for the piece.

blogger templates